The Kiwi Gun Blog recently reported how Labour’s rat, Stuart Nash, was appearing to wobble on his Law and Order committee’s insane report.
“Committee member Stuart Nash says people need to remember these are merely recommendations”.
These comments from Nash come only days after the Police Minister, Paula Bennett, also began to distance herself from the report:
“I have had an initial look at the response from the select committees inquiry into firearms and can already see that a number of recommendations will not be progressed as they are not a priority”.
Nash Calls for a Public Meeting
Stuart Nash has now appealed on his social media page for ‘Feedback’ from shooters. Because apparently we have been unclear….
I am asking for your feedback on the firearms enquiry recommendations, and their ability to deliver safer communities and keep guns out of the hands of criminals and gangs.
Wow. Just shameless. He then poses his way through a video, wearing a Rod and Gunn shirt of course.
He now appears to be open to some evidence based changes….
Then the rat picks a committee recommendation at random and pretends THAT is the issue that he has been contacted about by so many shooters. As opposed to THE TOTAL REGISTRATION OF FIREARMS! As opposed to everything else!
The shameless gall of the man. Is he a psychopath? Who else could keep a straight face and lie like that with such comfort?
Don’t let him bait and switch! Don’t let him distract with one recommendation!
Throughout the video he repeats that Judith Collins also called for the inquiry. With him. Desperately trying to share the blame. He then acts as if these concerns of shooters are all somehow new to him.
The rat that drove the committee – that he created. The rat that ignored our evidence based reasoning. The rat that then sold us out. But NOW he is learning about some potential issues….
Right Stuart. Right….
He actually says “Lets do this in a constructive way”. What? Like a Law and Order committee process? You rat.
He then calls for a snap public meeting.
His post concludes with:
If you’re not in Hawke’s Bay, please add your feedback below or email submissions to: email@example.com
If for some reason you have not yet made your thoughts known to this man – do it now!
Where and When
The meeting is this Thursday 27th April at 7:30pm!
The meeting is to be held at the Westshore Beach Inn.
Just click the above link for directions.
In his video the snake says:
“As a politician I reserve the right to change my mind”.
Show up and make that happen guys!
Tell your local shooting friends!
Obviously this is just a ploy. That is why he is giving only a few days notice. So shooters cant organise serious numbers. Then he can still claim to have had ‘Consultation’ on the matter.
Prove him wrong. Fill the joint.
HERE is how Nash has tried to defend the report.
HERE is what we need to say. Then repeat.
HERE are some points to make to drive it home.
HERE is an example of the real issue.
Contact your local media to express your disgust at the pantomime he is attempting.
Then the national media HERE.
Questions for Nash
Firstly, behave. The left love to provoke good men to the point of acting outside their good character and then claiming that to be their temper.
Be reasonable – But don’t give this man an inch.
- How could he head a committee seeking to stop criminals using guns and not suggest a single penalty for criminals using guns?!
- In a letter he wrote: Recommendation 1 re ammunition. We were told that gun dealers always record ammunition transactions anyway, so all that will change is that you will have to show your licence when purchasing ammunition. How can he not know that we need to show licences for ammo purchase NOW!?
- How can the man on the inquiry not know that ammunition sales are NOT currently recorded?! Because that would be insane.
- How can it currently be the case if he is calling for it to be changed TO that situation?!
- How did he come to recommend this UN regulation? Who made the committee aware of such a notion when it doesn’t appear in submissions?
- You have told shooters that gun safes can be had for under $200. Where are these available?
- You wrote: It is my expectation that the Police will consult and work in partnership with the representatives of gun owners to ensure that what is finally recommended is sensible, achievable and has buy-in from the gun community. Why would this suddenly be the case now. Are you unaware of the current and past issues of Police abuse of the Arms act?
- How does he feel about his partners in this affair – the Green Party – releasing an official gun law policy that thinks we are in Canada? Did you even attend these committee meetings?
- You called on us to show evidence of our position. We have. Where is YOUR evidence that anything that your committee recommended will achieve anything positive?
- Your committee report says that registration is ineffective, then gives and example of Australia to prove this and then calls for registration. Were you drunk?
- Will you commit now, tonight, to withdrawing your recommendation for the NZ$110 million dollar loser that is registration?
- You claim to want constructive ideas tonight. Yet Labour has been asked to support harsher penalties for armed offenders and NOT ONE of your Members of Parliament even responded to the question. How can we take you seriously when you display that level of contempt?
- Lastly, ask him what he is going to do with his time after he loses the Napier seat because of us 🙂
No doubt one of Nash’s slithering minions will read this and prepare answers. Good luck with that.
Record this event!
Nash is making a series of grasping promotional videos in a desperate attempt to appear relevant. He is filmed talking to people who matter. Unlike him. He has tiny local meetings, where they film over five nodding grey heads in a desperate attempt to make the room look full.
He will do the same at this meeting. Make sure that the truth of the gathering gets out. Not his edited lie.
Spread the Word
This is short notice. The Kiwi Gun Blog will do our best to contact Napier clubs. But get the word out!
Good on the shooters who attended. Thanks also to FOUNZ for broadcasting the meeting on social media.
All shooters really need to know of the meeting is that Nash performed like a seal and promised to revisit many of the report’s suggestions.
BUT when asked what recommendations he would still support – he refused to say.
He was asked repeatedly, even held the list at one point and then declined again.
LATEST: We called it! Nash has just released a highly edited video clip HERE that completely distorts the meeting and the comments made. We suspect that a plant was used to insert soundbites. It now appears as if shooters are asking for him to do the things that we were objecting to! Shameless.